English Teaching: With nearly five years of experience teaching English, I’ve had the opportunity to teach groups of all sizes and students of all ages, from small groups of adults at the Ducati factory, to large groups of rambunctious teens at Bologna middle schools. I specialize in personalized tutoring of business English for intermediate and advanced English students in Italy. If you are interested in studying English, please contact me at peggy AT peggyryan DOT com.
STUDY ENGLISH AT HOME RESOURCES
Most of the lessons I teach are from the book pictured above left, of which I’m attaching a short version here. I’ve also collected additional resources over the years that I am sharing below.
Websites for Daily/Weekly Studying
Documents for studying
- Verbi e Pronuncia
- Workbook: English Grammar In Use by Raymond Murphy
- I Am
- Simple Present
- Past Simple
- Making Questions
- Describing Your Environment
- Test: Simple Present and Present Progressive
- Reading Quiz: President Obama
- Past Simple
- Email Writing
- Talk About a Picture
- Words with LY and FUL
- What Is Your Favorite Movie? Exercise questions. You’ll have to search on the internet for famous quotes for included movies.
- Quiz: Prepositions
- Difference between MAKE and DO
- Exercise: Reading a Label
- Comparatives and Superlatives
- First Conditional
- Past Perfect
- Reciprocal Pronouns
- Worksheet: Cause and Effect
- Worksheet: Common Phrases
- Worksheet: Figurative Language
- Blowin’ In The Wind by Bob Dylan*
Song Worksheet in English and Italian
*For advanced students. Bob Dylan is difficult to understand.
- I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas
- Sand Creek Massacre by Fabrizio De Andre
Lyrics in English and Italian
- We Shall Overcome*
Dr. Seuss for English Pronunciation
Dr. Seuss wrote some of the most famous children’s books in the history of the United States. He wrote in a poetic meter, and many of his words rhyme. For this reason, reading Dr. Seuss is a helpful way to study English pronunciation.
Social Media Exercise
Study social networks and Facebook while learning English
Facebook and Social Networking lesson
Fill in Your Social Network
Social Media Vocabulary
Status Update in English
What’s the Ideal Number of Friends?